This section provides in-depth knowledge for utilizing Chameleon’s advanced features.
- Resource discovery: Discover Chameleon bare metal resources by node type and view node information.
- Reservations: Reserve Chameleon resources for use in your Project.
- Bare metal instances: Launch and manage Instances on Chameleon bare metal resources. This is a core feature of Chameleon.
- Images: Create images of Instances.
- Monitoring: Collect, manage and view experimental data from Chameleon Instances.
- Complex appliances: Work with Complex Appliances, which automate the process of deploying multiple Instances with reconfigurable networking.
- Object Store: Store user data such as files as Objects in portable Containers.
- Shares: Provide file storage to an instance with the OpenStack Shared File System service.
- Networking: Create Isolated virtual networks within Chameleon.
- FPGAs: Configure and work with FPGA nodes.
- KVM: Use non-bare metal virtual machine resources in Chameleon’s OpenStack implementation.